Friday, November 14, 2008

I just can't seem to push those daisies...

So, recently I've tried getting into the endangered series Pushing Daisies. I bought the pilot episode, "Pie-Lette", on iTunes and assumed I'd love it and end up buying more. But that didn't happen. There are a great many things I admire about the show: Lee Pace, the camerawork, the beautiful sets, the music, Lee Pace, the music, Anna Friel, Kristin Chenoweth, Lee Pace. I even kinda like how the whole show sorta feels like it's taking place on a Nintendo Wii, what with all those CGI daisies and fields. But I just can't get into it.

I think I just don't like the writing. Does it get better and/or less cutesy after the pilot episode? I just can't really take it seriously and I get bored. Now, some people might say that it's not meant to be taken seriously. But I still get bored. And I feel bad, cause I know a lot of people who really like it. But I don't want to spend anymore money on this show, or put in the effort required to try to watch it some other way. And this is despite the fact that I think Lee Pace is sex on a stick and the cutest thing this side of Sasha Obama with a puppy.

I'm afraid I'm still on team 30 Rock all the way. You know, as comedies go. Obviously, BSG is still my show.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenn said...

They don't screen it in Australia so I can't say, but I agree about that sort of overtly twee delicateness that some shows/movies have. Like, I get it's meant to be fanciful, but to me it's grating.

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the show but it does get "a bit much" after a while. I think it's the voice overs/narrator. Does everything have to be explained in super detail? Why not just let the story unfold? Still, I'm hooked. It's unlike anything else out there.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home