Tuesday, November 21, 2006

OK, I'm doing it... the Altmanathon!

So, in light of Robert Altman's recent passing, I've decided to finally start seeing all his old films I've never seen.

Yes, I realize that I'm still only halfway through the Streepathon (not even), but the Altmanathon needs to start anyway. Maybe I'll do both in tandem. In any case, the Altmanathon will be a chronological journey through the highlights of Bob's filmography, consisting of the following films:

1) M*A*S*H
2) McCabe and Mrs. Miller
3) Nashville
4) 3 Women
5) The Player
6) Short Cuts
7) Gosford Park

The only one I've seen from this list is the most recent, Gosford Park. But it's so great that I'm renting it and watching it again.

I'm officially updating my netflix cue... right... NOW. The Altmanathon is on.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

I'd love to be able to do this but Nashville, 3 Women, The Player as well as some of his others aren't even on DVD down here. Criminally.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home