Friday, May 04, 2007

Oh yeah, and I saw Spider-Man 3 last night, too.

12am at the local mall, with friends. 12:25, actually. Good times. I'd like to see it again, though, before I comment. Unfortunately, this screening was marred by the stupid bitch next to me who kept calling the guys she didn't like "fags" and Kirsten Dunst "gross," and making other inane comments throughout the film. Also, somebody whipped out a laser pointer at some point, and kept shining it up on the screen at random moments. I kid you not. These midnight screenings are CRAZY.

Anyway, general consensus seems to be "disappointment," although I myself liked it a lot. It's certainly not as great as the last film, but then not many things are. Still trying to figure out how disappointed I was. It's somewhere between "mildly" and "moderately." Not quite sure where. In any case, it's nowhere near as bad as its rotten tomatoes score makes it out to be, and it was certainly good enough for me to wanna see it again. So I'll get get back to you all once I do.

God, I hate that stupid bitch. And the guy with the laser thing, too. Why do these people exist? I hate the world.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger J.D. said...

I'm off to see it tonight at 7, and I even got advanced tickets just in case! And yeah, this really seems like it won't top the second, but will probably top the still good first one. CANNOT WAIT.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

umm... yeah... that was sort of a disaster compared to Spidey 2. C- from me.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Barry said...

I totally agree with you in that its not as bad as everyone is saying it is. I would definitely see it again as well. The second one is better, but I also think that the third is better than the first. While Spider-Man 2 gets an A++, Spider-Man 3 gets an A+

4:56 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

I dunno, I have to see it again. There was way too much going on that night to process all that was happening. But I did enjoy myself. I didn't think it was X-Men: The Last Stand-level bad, but I know people who think it was worse.

Someone pointed out to me that if I'd been as attached to the Spidey universe as I was to the X-Men universe, I would've felt as raped by this film as I was by The Last Stand, and that may be true. But even Last Stand wasn't THAT bad... it was at least fun on a surface level.

I wonder how much money this one'll make. Totally didn't expect it to fumble so badly with the critics. It's kind of shocking.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Barry said...

It made $148 million. Fucking awesome.

I was shocked to see so many people hate on Spider-Man 3. You can't please everyone.

Spider-Man 3 is definitely better than X-Men: The Last Stand which was just a fun movie with a pretty great performance from Famke Janssen. Spider-Man 3 has better special effects, better performances and a lot more heart.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Barry said...

I have the "Evening" trailer up in my blog if anyone wants to see.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home