Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a goodnight.

...or something like that.

Wishing very happy holidays to all my readers, few and far between as they may be. My day was quite nice, considering. I got some great stuff, and the family gathering was fun. My aunt Jill, who picked my name out of a hat for the Keller extended family gift exchange, truly went all-out and spent way more than the alloted $30. I'm so happy she chose me, since she is without a doubt my favorite relative on that side, and knew exactly what I'd want. She got me Kiss of the Spider Woman (the book), Tootsie (the movie - yay!), AND a huge, hardcover script book of the british sketch comedy show "Little Britain"... and oh man, is that show terrible (as in, offensive)... and, coincidentally, very funny. I think my actor friends from school and I will be staging a bunch of scenes from that show now (and what fun that will be), or else I don't know what I'd do with it, but what an amazing gift, regardless. The three combined must have cost her about double the gift-giving price limit, but it seems like she just got really into it. That, and she just LOVES me (I blush).

I also got, as requested, the story-to-screenplay Brokeback Mountain book (which I'm slightly less enthused by, having finally seen the film), a used Italian sport coat, a metronome, some iTunes money, some Bloomingdales money, some Blockbuster money, some cash money, an electronic boggle game (so unnecessary), and pencil-and-paper Sudoku (SO unnecessary! I've never even played Sudoku! And now I'll probably end up hooked. What was my mother thinking?)

So anyway, yeah, pretty great haul. I was pretty spoiled this year. I feel kind of bad. But not really. I doubt it'll be happening again.

I also must mention that I downloaded the pilot of "Commander in Chief" with some iTunes money, and am now totally hooked. I've since downloaded five episodes in total, and will soon be getting the other four (I spent most of my Christmas watching that show). It's really good. I'm so happy for Geena Davis and her TV comeback. I do love her so.

Anyway... probably seeing The Family Stone again tomorrow, with the family. I expect to remain quite positive on it, but we'll see.

And with that, I am calling it a night.

Goodnight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Javier Aldabalde said...

I would like to know a few things about this like why don't you have a links section and what is your movie of the year.

I'm weird that way. Happy Holidays.

9:01 PM  
Blogger adam k. said...

I don't have a links section because I'm new to blogging and don't actually know how to make one.

And I don't as of yet really have a favorite movie of the year. I have seen very little this year, unfortunately, and have yet to be completely blown away. Brokeback Mountain was supposed to be my favorite movie of the year, but I'm still thrown by how much it disappointed me. When I see it a second time, I may warm up to it more.

I suppose the best film I've seen so far has been The Squid and the Whale, but I wasn't truly in love with it. And I think The Family Stone is criminally underrated, even by Nathaniel.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Javier Aldabalde said...

I don't know how to make a links section either! (that's why I asked)

It's sad that "Brokeback" didn't live up to your expectations. The film I was most excited about was "The New World" and word has it that it's sort of a mixed bag. But then I saw "King Kong", which was every bit as mesmerizing as I hoped it would be.

Here's for a splendid 2006, movie-wise or otherwise :)

4:44 PM  
Blogger Ghone said...

Hi from Britain!
Glad you find 'Little Britain' offensive as well! Wouldn't it be sad it the busy-bodies had nothing to complain about!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home