Saturday, December 10, 2005

whither Winslet?

I love Kate Winslet.

And I just realized that Kate had once been attached to not one but TWO films that are now in the running for supporting actress nominations this year. It's common knowledge that she infamously dropped out of Match Point at the last minute in order to spend time with her family, but I remember reading that she was also once set to play Rachel Weisz's part in The Constant Gardener. And now both roles look likely to reap oscar nods.

Now, if Kate had been in one or both of these this year, especially coming right off of her Eternal Sunshine loss, she would've netted a trophy for sure. But since she wasn't, it looks like it'll be a long wait until she finally gets her first oscar. Ah well.

2 Comments:

Blogger adam k. said...

Yeah, same here.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

hahah. Silly mortals.

(I have no concept of time because my time zone, mixed with Daylight Savings, mixed with the need for sleep, means i just get on here and find myself lucky to be on time.)

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home