Sunday, June 25, 2006

The trailer for The Devil Wears Prada is awesome, and don't let anyone tell you different.

Seriously. I just read this thread on imdb (why am I reading threads on imdb? I have no idea) with a bunch of people dissing that trailer basically for being different. "What a stupid way to preview a movie," they'd say, without really backing up their claims, except with something to the effect of "it's bad cause it's not like normal trailers" and "it confused me into thinking they'd put in the wrong movie."

Jesus. The Prada trailer is brilliant in its simplicity and its hooking of the audience. Why do people feel the need to be spoonfed trailers that show you the entire film? I swear, people in this country are so put off by something out of the norm, even when the norm is tired and dumb, that they instinctively think the new, creative thing must be bad and inferior to the norm. It's infuriating... though it does explain why we re-elected GWB, and why we can't seem to accept gay marriage. Sigh.

Also, I just realized that it was probably a bad idea to post my "happy birthday to me" post over my old June 14 post, cause now it looks like my birthday was on June 14, even though it's really on the 23rd (a day after Meryl's). Oops.

And I've watched Silkwood and Plenty; the posts are coming. Really.

3 Comments:

Blogger Javier Aldabalde said...

Ha? MY birthday was on June 23rd =)

12:31 PM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Yours too? Wow.

It's funny, I've actually met several people who share my birthday... but never online. ; )

1:37 PM  
Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

Whoa, freaky. That gives me an idea.

Am wanting to know what you thought of Silkwood. I haven't seen Plenty unfort, but it's on my list.

The Devil Wears Prada made a swagload of cash this weekend so something worked!

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home