Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Happy Birthday, Nathaniel!

I just wanted to echo the sentiments on Glenn's blog and wish the man a very happy birthday. Glenn kinda said it all, but I just thought I should chime in with a big "ditto." I too found The Film Experience in 2001, when I was obsessed with Hedwig and Moulin Rouge and desperately needed outlets for said obsessions. I then took a break from his site (and the internet in general) for a year or so, to deal with "real life" things, but soon enough, I was back, after which I never again went away. Since then, Nathaniel has always been there as my internet gay guru and beloved friend-in-film. When Far From Heaven (the film) and The Hours (the book) opened up my soul for me, Nat was there. When I was home all through 2003 (the worst recent year for film) and had nothing to do but obsess over film, Nat was there. When Bening, Staunton and Winslet lost to Swank, Nat was there. And when Brokeback Mountain opened and was brilliant, and then became a national phenomenon and Best Picture frontrunner, and then shockingly LOST the oscar on Black Sunday, Nat was there.

Thanks, Nat. Enjoy your (37th?) birthday.

...and enjoy the $20 I sent you.

1 Comments:

Blogger NATHANIEL R said...

you are sweet. thank you

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home