Saturday, September 02, 2006

Proof emergency!

I have been freaking out for a while now because THIS girl (right) pulled out of my show and will no longer be playing Catherine.

But have no fear, she will soon be replaced by one of THESE girls (below).











I will keep everyone appraised of new developments. I know you are all highly concerned. Because this has, seriously, been a major ordeal in my life. Casting decisions = hard.

I'd spent most of the summer agonizinng over whether I'd actually made the correct decision in casting Hope (above), and finally, after all my agonizing, I'd decided/realized that I had. I was so excited. The cast was perfect. And then she bailed. Damn.

I am still telling myself that it will all work out for the best. I mean, look what happened with Woody and ScarJo after Winslet dropped out of Match Point. But this will be hard to figure out and make peace with. Still, I will continue to try.

Wish me luck.

Coming soon: Top 25 greatest Rufus songs, and the return of the Streepathon!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Yaseen Ali said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Yaseen Ali said...

As much as I hate resorting to feel-good maxims, these things happen for a reason. And I'm sure the new girl you cast will *be* your Catherine. Best of luck with the casting process, rehearsals, etc.

12:26 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

I think I know who it'll be now.

But the thing is, the reason this happened is cause the first girl *WAS* my Catherine. She, like, *WAS* Catherine, period. It was a little too on the nose. And then she pulled out. She's kind of unstable like that. As is Catherine.

But yes, better that it happened while I COULD still recast. The new girl will be more reliable, I think, and also has different strengths. So it's OK.

Thanks for your good luck wishes : )

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home