Saturday, November 25, 2006

I've got Fountain on the brain...


...'cause I think it might be brilliant. Take, for example, this review. It gives the film a 2.5 star rating, and then basically admits straight out that there is brilliance within, calls it painstakingly crafted and operatic, but then says that, like opera, if the audience isn't on the same wavelength as the artists, it falls flat.

Well... duh.

Any work of art needs the audience/viewer to be able to appreciate it. If they don't, then it doesn't work. That's very basic. But that doesn't mean that films that are too much for the audience to handle are bad. More like, "genius."

I need to try it again. I think I'm ready now.

p.s. I just downloaded the soundtrack and am listening to it right now, and it's totally beautiful and amazing. LOVES it.

Clint Mansell is God.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah, I downloaded the soundtrack too. We're such nerds.

I think you should read this review; it's so horrible, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Javier Aldabalde said...

Oooh, where can I download the soundtrack?

3:16 PM  
Blogger adam k. said...

You can download it at the iTunes music store.

But you have to pay $10.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home