Monday, December 04, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada DVD review preview


So, I have been contacted by someone at a marketing org who would like me to do a DVD review of The Devil Wears Prada on the blog, in order to help publicize it. How flattering!

A proper review of the film (which I never really did), as well a review of the DVD features, will be up in the near future. Plus I get to see the DVD before everyone else. Nice.

This film truly was one of the breakout success stories and major sleeper hits of the year, and deservedly so. It grossed more than $120 million at the U.S. box office and more than $300 million (and counting) worldwide... all from a relatively small budget of $35 million. And it's sure to make a bundle on DVD as well.

I hope someone gave Meryl a big bonus.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked this movie. It was cute to say the least. Theres nothing better than an underdog story. One little change would be to make Meryl's character more mean. She wasnt mean enough to me!

http://angiebnews.blogspot.com

4:45 AM  
Blogger Javier Aldabalde said...

Uh, I got a similar request, but I *already* wrote a review on it...

8:32 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Well, I never wrote a full review, so I thought I'd take them up on this. It seemed like a good excuse to get a free DVD viewing anyway. Even if they do want me to shill.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

Why didn't I get a Devil Wears Prada offer? I got Ice Age 2 and a bunch of other random ones like the '80s tv series St Elsewhere.

How odd. I love it.

10:20 PM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Really? Ice Age 2 is a weird one. I assume the St. Elsewhere offer has something to do with how you often praise Lynch's Twin Peaks. Do it, I'd like to hear about St. Elsewhere...

And don't worry, I'll let you know about Prada! You'll be in the know even if they didn't offer to let you see it ; )

2:57 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Also, it must be asked:

HOW COOL is the animated banner??? Animation on my blog makes me happy.

God, I'm easy to please. Give me a banner and I'm your slave.

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home