Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ivy Film Festival this weekend!


This weekend, Brown is hosting the annual Ivy Film Festival, a gathering of student and professional filmmakers from around the country and the world, complete with screenings, talkbacks, celebrity guests, and an awards ceremony for winning student films. Here is the Ivy Film Festival Wikipedia entry.

Unfortunately, this year is a bit lacking in quality celebrity guests. No one truly famous will be here (though one year we had Adrien Brody), and the industry professionals present include the people behind Mr. and Mrs. Smith, X-Men: The Last Stand, A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints, and Oldboy. Suffice it to say, I am not particularly fond of any of those titles. In fact, A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints, the big screening/talkback centerpiece of the festival, is (so far) my least favorite film of 2006, barely edging out World Trade Center for that honor. I will be ticketing for it, and presumably watching the screening and talkback as well, so maybe I'll change my mind about it, or at least get some insight into what exactly Dito Montiel was thinking.

There's also lots of other stuff happening in my life this weeked: a 28-hour improv marathon (of which I'd like to watch at least a few hours), two student theatre productions to see, rehearsal for Merchant both friday and saturday, major parties both friday and saturday nights, and another midnight screening of The Host if I'm so inclined... all while I'm supposed to be volunteering for this festival AND hosting a guest student in my suite. Oy.

So yeah, no more blogging 'til next week. Peace.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home