Monday, May 21, 2007

Random request:

(to the gods of Hollywood)

Can Meryl Streep and Ryan Gosling please play mother and son?

I mean, look at them:


















And while we're at it, could Ellen maybe play Ryan's funny aunt? Remember on Streep's Ellen interview, when Meryl said she and Ellen look alike, and Ellen suggested they do a movie together? I think they were on to something. Ellen could totally be Meryl's crazy little sister (see right). Seriously, why has this movie not been greenlit already? Think Home For The Holidays or a better version of The Family Stone. Are people getting this? Perhaps I should write and direct it. Perhaps I will.

This could be my debut, everyone. I need to do it. Perhaps Laura Linney (below) could play a third sister. Hmmm... I'm liking this. This thing should happen. And what makes it better is I have plenty of material in my own extended family to draw from. Nice.

Really, why these people have not been culled together for some kind of family film is beyond me. I'm half serious about this idea... I could start writing some kind of "dysfunctional family" comedy (now that I'm in film school) and see where it takes me.

This thing could be golden.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger J.D. said...

Wow, that's absolutely believeable! FILM GODS, LET IT HAPPEN!!!!

6:02 PM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Whoa there, that was so fast. I wasn't even done with the post yet. But it's done now. Come back and take a gander at the whole thing if you want.

6:26 PM  
Blogger J.D. said...

I think I just died a little, that casting is so perfect. If you don't do it, I will!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home