Thursday, July 05, 2007

WHO'S HOTTER:
Antonio Banderas or Gael Garcia Bernal?


















Latin boys, continued. Ricky vs. Enrique may not have been a tough call, but I hope this pairing is better (crosses fingers). This time, it's Almodovar muses of past and present: Antonio Banderas and Gael Garcia Bernal.

Now, I know what you must be thinking: "WHAT? Sure, Gael's young and hot, but Antonio's just a dirty old man." But don't think about it that way. You know the rules of this game. You should compare the currently young and hot Bernal with the once young and hot Banderas (erase the part where he got old and married Melanie Griffith). And then this becomes a little harder. Also, remember that Bernal is 5'6'' short, whereas Banderas is a normal-sized man (movie magic tends to make this less obviouos). Not that Bernal isn't hot (he very much is), but Banderas is no slouch either.

Now, I'm not in the business of posting nude pics (my little sister reads this blog), but anyone without parental controls can do their own homework on this subject. You don't need me for everything; seek out more info yourself if you're so inclined. And then come back and vote: Bernal or Banderas? Who's hotter?

And the hotter is...

(eight days pass)

Gael Garcia Bernal. No surprise here. But at least the results weren't embarrassing; the final tally was 6-3. Not a bad showing for Antonio, who had his work cut out for him in a match against one of the most stunningly beautiful, sexy, and talented actors EVER. Rare is the actor that can overcome the foreign language barrier to become famous around the globe. Even rarer, perhaps, is one who can become a huge sex symbol at a mere 5'6''. But this guy had the stuff to do both. He's a dynamo.

It's hard to overestimate my love for this man. He has that perfect mix of beauty, charisma, mystery, versatility, and potent-as-hell screen presence that together create that special "star" quality. Some have expressed doubts about Gael's ability to find good older adult roles; given his smaller stature and "young heartthrob" appeal, he seems naturally better suited to younger, romantic characters. But I don't think he'll be going away any time soon. Dustin Hoffman was basically Gael with less sex appeal, and look how his career has shaped up. Hoffman was not even famous yet at Gael's age. Though he's been in the international spotlight for over 5 years, Gael Garcia Bernal is still only 28 years old. And it seems the sky's the limit for his career.

"I believe fervently in nature, in truth and imagination. I believe in the blood, in life, words, and motivations." -Gael Garcia Bernal

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gael. But Antonio is in no way inferior; I just like Gael better. No Shrek. :D

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gael is the hottest thing on the planet..so him

10:12 PM  
Blogger John T said...

Definitely Gael, and I'm comparing him to the young and beautiful Antonio (and I object to the 5'6" not being a normal size man comment!)

11:50 PM  
Blogger DL said...

For me, Gael would probably beat everyone else you've ever had in these tournaments. So I'll vote for him.

Speaking of, that would be cool if you made this into a big tournament with all the different winners facing off against each other.

That would be hot.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

I'm gonna say Gael.

5:26 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Oy. Here we go again.

John T, I was just having a little good-natured fun, mostly because Antonio needs the help. Everyone knows I love Gael. And I actually think short guys are hot in general (I'm very tall and like the difference).

10:26 AM  
Blogger Marius said...

Banderas!

I remember seeing him for the first time in Almodovar's Women on the Verge . . ., and that did it for me. Of course, he's older now, but I still like him. Gael is hot, but I prefer Banderas. I guess I'm the only one, which is fine with me. I have him all to myself. :)

3:31 PM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Yes! One vote for Banderas! I feel better now. Thank you, Marius.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Kayleigh said...

THeyre both gorgeous and in my top 20 guys....but Antonio just beats Gael...he was Zorro after all...

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Antonio. He's gorgeous and his eyes just kill me.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Yaseen Ali said...

GGB.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home