Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I start film school in 7 hours...

...and I'm quite nervous. CAN YOU TELL!?

I guess you guys can't, cause you weren't watching me pace for twenty minutes just now. But I've been kind of a wreck, which I guess is why I'm posting on my blog instead of sleeping (oy).

Part of the reason I'm nervous is that not only do I have to do 8 hours of film school (8:30-4:15) tomorrow, but immediately after that, I have to do god-knows-how-many-hours of waiter training (which I've also never done). So it's gonna be a very long day, after two solid weeks of doing nothing much at all. Yikes!

I'm sure it'll be fine, though. Nevermind the fact that I've never done 8 straight hours of any kind of school EVER (well, since high school). That'll be interesting. And nevermind the fact that I'm technologically retarded and might break something on my first day (I mean in film school, not in waitering... but of course, breaking plates is very possible, too).

We'll see how that all goes. I may update y'all later, if the news is good.

Oh, I also just wanted to mention how nice the Netflix people are. Two of my movies apparently have been lost in the mail system all month (being forwarded to my new address, except not), and Netflix is totally crediting me back for last month instead of charging me. And then, since the guy accidentally sent MORE movies to the wrong address, he gave me next month for free, too (since it'll take a while to be able to void that and send new ones again to my real address).

I was really worried that I'd have to pay for She-Devil and Death Becomes Her, cause I have no idea where the f**k they are. But they were like, "oh don't worry, sometimes stuff just never gets forwarded" and they gave me all this free time. Amazing.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's possible they're relieved to lose a copy of 'She-Devil'

2:22 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

True.

Dammit, why am I still up? Ugh.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Marius said...

I hope your day went well. Did you meet any cute guys? Sorry, I had to ask. Anyway, if you want to make good tips, here's what you should do:

1. Put on a good show; seriously, use your acting skills to charm your clients. It worked for me. Yes, I was a waiter once upon a time.

2. Leave any and all attitude at home. You'll have to serve jerks, assholes, bitches, and the list goes on. And some clients may not realize they're being unreasonable, which is annoying. Smile and don't let them get to you. If they get a little too unbearable, let the manager deal with them.

3. Let the customer lead. Some customers need a therapist and they may talk your ear off if you let them. I suggest you listen, smile, and let them do most of the talking. Other customers don't talk about personal stuff, but they'll engage in some small talk--just follow their lead.

4. If the cooks are taking too long with an order and a client complains, act concerned. Pretend like you're about to have a nervous breakdown because their food isn't ready. Sometimes they'll actually back down and tell you it's ok. Let the cooks become the enemy. You're just an awesome waiter with the client's best interest in mind.

Good luck!

12:52 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

I did meet one cute guy at school, but he's not gay. I also work with one cute young waiter, but he's definitely not gay either. I'm basically around straight guys all day long now. It's annoying.

Anyway yeah, I'm zonked from a ridiculously long day. I'm a lot busier now, so we'll see just how much blogging I get done.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home