Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Nat gave Brokeback an "A"

And that, in my blog, is totally worth its own post.

(Hee... I wrote "in my blog" as a play on "in my book"... isn't that clever? I think it is.)

But yes, anyway, that makes me very happy.

Nathaniel Rogers, the go-to guru of film-obsession, has the best taste of any critic I know, online or otherwise (and yes, by best, I mean most in line with my own), and his endorsement of Brokeback Mountain has only confirmed my suspicion not only that I will LOVE this film, but also that it will have MANY passionate fans. And perhaps some passionate, though misguided, detractors. I really think it's going to a really. big. deal. Like, an on-everybody's-lips event film kind of thing.

And while a Best Picure oscar is a bit much to ask... I can still dream, can't I?

I will be rooting for it anyway.

Gay cowboys forever.

Peace out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Javier Aldabalde said...

Absolutely! A A A material all the way!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home