Sunday, March 05, 2006

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

OK. In all fairness... the night had been going REALLY well up until Jack uttered the dreaded word. Jon Stewart was hilarious, the skits were good, the best actress "lobbying" bit had me in stitches (especially since it actually acknowledged things like Charlize "hagging it up"). But then Jack came onstage and uttered the dreaded word.

I am stunned. Speechless. Overwhelmed. And fucking pissed off. This will go down in history as possibly THE GREATEST faux pas the academy has ever made.

I had been dreading it all night, after Brokeback won fewer awards than expected. When director and best picture came up, and it was still Brokeback 2/Crash 2, I thought for a second, "wait? you think... I dunno... I'm a little nervous..." and then Ang Lee won and it just seemed sort of... not locked for best picture. And then Jack came out and uttered the dreaded word that shall not be spoken. And it was like someone had punched me in the gut.

Don't be fooled, folks. Hollywood is fucking homophobic. AND they have bad taste.

Goodnight, and good luck, gay film fans. You'll need it, I know. I, for one, am still in shock.

That's all I have to say.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

I... i am in shock still. Just crazy.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home