Thursday, September 07, 2006

Is Little Miss Sunshine a contender?

I believe I've modified my stance on the oscar prospects of my favorite 2006 film.

Considering that it's making a whole crapload of money, and is also arguably the year's best reviewed film so far, it might have prospects in several categories. Supporting actor (Carrell or Arkin), supporting actress (Collette or Breslin), and original screenplay (Michael Arndt, WGA) are the most obvious openings. I'd personally put my money on Breslin as the most likely nominee at this point; she's the emotional heart of the film, plus she's oh-so-cute. Carrell and Arkin both have good shots, but they might split each other's support; both will have their fans come awards time.

Final box office still looks uncertain... but I see $50 to $60 million, if not more. Plus I keep hearing random people talk about this film. Everybody's like, "did you see that movie?" or "wasn't it great?". Do you think it has a shot at being nominated for best picture? Probably not. But it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Also, Proof is going really well. Yay for having a life! Woo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home