Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The NBR announces tomorrow!

You can scroll down a bit or just follow this link to see my updated, final predictions. I'm sticking with my out-of-left field Little Children pick, cause it's ballsy and I think it might just happen, even if no one sees it coming. I took Dreamgirls out of the alternate position because I think it'll be #2 or #3 no matter what beats it. Dreamgirls is just too predictable. And it doesn't need their help. Little Children does... a lot.

People are saying The Queen will probably take it, and that makes sense, so I've listed it as my alternate. People say it's already a lock, but it's not SO lockish that the NBR couldn't claim responsibility for giving it its start. So giving it best picture seems like something they'd totally do. But I am going balls-out with Little Children.

My feeling is that either Mirren will take best actress OR Cruz will take actress and The Queen will take best picture. I also think The Departed will win either picture, director, or ensemble. I'm betting director. And if Little Children doesn't take picture (and most people think it won't), then it'll take adapted screenplay. The NBR are all about spreading the wealth.

Anyway, I'm WAAAAY overthinking this. We'll just see what happens tomorrow.

But if Little Children does take it, then I am officially awesome. I'm just sayin'... I called it first...

5 Comments:

Blogger adam k. said...

Ew, I hate spam.

What does this person think he's doing?

10:02 PM  
Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

I'm of the Queen line of thinking atm.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Lucas Dantas said...

WTF that spam, lol and I stupidly thought it was something serious.

Anyway, I'm a NBR virgin, so I'll trust everything you're saying. lol

10:45 PM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Yeah, the Queen argument is making more and more sense all the time. I originally thought, "no, they won't honor the film and ALSO Mirren" but duh, this way, they could give actress to Penélope and still kiss Mirren's ass, too. Genius.

But I'm not abandoning Little Children. I think it could be the big story tomorrow.

Er, today.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

I did some predictions and foolheartedly predicted Notes on a Scandal. I just had a sudden weird feeling.

...i have them a lot...

...they usually steer me wrong...

The thing with the NBR though is if you predict one wrong, it usually sets off a chain reaction cause they spread the wealth so much. And it's annoying.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home