Sunday, January 21, 2007

PGA awards

So apparently Cars won the PGA for best animated film... best picture winner TBA.

For the record, I am predicting The Departed to take it, and I'm pretty confident that it will.

UPDATE: Little Miss Sunshine wins! And I couldn't be happier. I remember thinking it had a better chance than people were giving it credit for here, but I never thought it would actually win. My bad. I may be changing my oscar predictions now, putting Dayton & Faris in the top five after all (though this award has no direct bearing on whether they'll be nominated or not).

And really, I'm so happy LMS won here, both because it's my personal favorite of the nominees (though with a gun to my head I might admit that The Departed is a better film) and because this makes the race that much more interesting. This is a good sign that LMS could win the SAG and WGA as well. And if that happens and then, say, BAFTA goes for The Queen... well, the best pic race will be VERY interesting, far moreso than it's been in a while.

And this kind of "no clear frontrunner" climate is exactly what something like Sunshine would need to win.

OMG I love this movie. I think I'm buying it now.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

Whoa! Way to go Little Miss Sunshine! Quite deserving, really.

Still, it's shocking. But I'm glad. I mean, sure, stuff like Dreamgirls and The Departed are slick and all, but how hard was the producer's job on that? And then compared to a movie like Little Miss Sunshine who had to work their arses off... yeah, good choice by the PGA. Very good choice.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home