Sunday, March 25, 2007

"Technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage..."

"...but it's on a par with a night of heavy drinking... nothing you'll miss."
-Dr. Howard Mierzwiak

So has anyone else been hearing about this?

I'd heard about this topic on the radio a while back, so I decided to do a google search to look for articles. This is but one of many on the subject. I haven't actually read all of this one, but I know there's been a lot of talk about using new memory drugs to treat injured soldiers and other victims of trauma. Though at this point, it's all speculation.

I love the part near the beginning where it implies that fiction writers are not "serious people." Even though they were the ones who first considered the ramifications of this kind of thing.

Anyway, here is yet another reason why Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is great. It turns out it was quite prescient and quite relevant, as well as tremendously moving. Just so many kinds of wonderful. I love it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home