Monday, March 05, 2007

Yay, I'm in a play!

Yay for me for being cast in The Merchant of Venice as part of Brown's annual Shakespeare on the Green festival. They put on two or three plays each spring - either Shakespeare or Shakespeare-related in some way - and do them right out on the green for everyone. It's fun. I was in Dead White Males for the festival last year.

I actually know nothing about this play, because I'm a bad theatre student and haven't read it. I haven't even seen the 2004 film version, which seemed like it was not a big deal in the film world. But we're having our first read-through in a week, and by then, I will know what it's all about.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Yaseen Ali said...

Congrats! Who are you playing?

Definitely watch the film version (or don't, if you're scared it might affect your perf.) At some point though, you must. It would definitely be on my '04 top ten, and I really think it's criminally underrated.

10:45 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Gratiano.

Not a huge part, but I have the last line of the play, according to the version I looked at, and that makes me feel special. I hope the director doesn't change it.

I have somewhat mixed feelings, because this will be my last college show, and there were larger parts I wanted in other things, but whatever. It's really good that I'm getting to do a Shakespeare play before I leave, so I should just be happy. I'm sure it'll be fun.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home