Sunday, September 30, 2007

Focus deserves to win Best Picture.

I just decided that I really want Atonement to win this year if only so that Focus Features can finally have its Best Pic prize. Do you all realize that Focus has had not one, not two, but THREE films in recent years with director/screenplay wins that ALL lost Best Picture? WTF!?! Traffic, The Pianist and most recently Brokeback Mountain have all come up just short. 1999, 2002, 2005. Every three years, apparently, they just get SO close. Not to mention all their other films that deserved the top prize (Being John Malkovich, Far From Heaven, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) and still more that very nearly, or arguably, did (Gosford Park, Lost in Translation). God, I love Focus. I can't believe they didn't win for Brokeback. I'd be so pissed if I were them.

Anyway, please just let them win one for Atonement. Seriously. It's time.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

We should just let Atonement win everything....:)!!!

Seriously, that would be amazing

2:14 AM  
Blogger J.D. said...

I really want Atonement to win because it's Atonement.

But that is a very, very good reason to get behind it. :D

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home