Tuesday, November 06, 2007

a few things

Thing #1: I was gonna see Lust, Caution, but it has disappeared from the South Beach Regal after ONE WEEK. WTF. I knew this would happen, but I didn't have time to see it last week. Jesus.

Thing #2: I screened Taxi Driver and Do The Right Thing last night for class, and WHOA, Do The Right Thing a damn good film (Taxi Driver is, too, of course, but I'd seen that one already). How is it that Crash won Best Pic from the academy and Spike Lee's film wasn't even nominated? Seriously, how? And how did Driving Miss Daisy win in 1989, anyway? Jesus.

Thing #3: I can't take this really cool Film Directors class with a really cool professor this spring cause it meets at the same time as the Directing the Actor class. Dammit. The class I can't take focuses on Hitchcock (who I've discovered I really like) and later auteurs who can be studied in relation to Hitchcock (including Ozon, Von Trier and others who I also like but can't remember). I really wanna take it. I would just take it next year, but the prof might be going on sabbatical then, in which case I wouldn't be able to take it at all. Jesus.

Thing #4: I still can't figure out how to fix my blog. Jesus.

At least my finger's healing up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home