Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My OTHER favorite moment of the night:
Oscar-winning (!!!) "Falling Slowly" live



Look how much applause the film gets in the intro. I'm so glad the film has lots of fans.

I think the acoustics gave Markéta a little too much volume (sorry Mar... I love you, but this particular song just works better when you're supporting Glen... though your piano was gorgeous). I also don't like how the song was shortened for the broadcast (it's longer in the film).

But look at Glen during his close-ups. He clearly knows millions of people are watching him, and its very endearing. Luv ya Glen (and other Glenn, too!). How wonderful for them to have gotten this opportunity.

But the best thing about this song (I think) is that it actually works better in an intimate setting, without all the pomp, and lights, and cameras. It's about the connection between the two musicians (note how they put all those guitars in the background, in some kind of weird attempt to evoke and/or imitate the music store scene).

Still, I loved this performance. In fact, one of my friends at my oscar party was converted on the spot. She'd never heard of Once, but after hearing this, she said, "that music is beautiful, they should win." And they did.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

aww shucks.

BUT, as I was watching it with the two friends I saw Once with, we all went "Still love the song, just wish I liked the movie more."

THE END!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Marc H said...

Friend: "Do you have the soundtrack to Once?"
Me: No, why?
Friend: "Do you have any of the songs on your computer?"
Me: Just one. Why?
Friend: "Because if you had the soundtrack, I would have to kill you."

My friend is a freak. He hated Once.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home