Friday, April 21, 2006

The Streepathon starts... tomorrow.

Yup. I have sent Showgirls back to netflix and been informed that The Deer Hunter will arrive in my box tomorrow (side note: Showgirls was not quite as bad-tastically funny as I expected it to be... mostly I just found it dirty... though it did grow on me some while I had it). Anyway, Deer Hunter will be the beginning of my long Meryl Streep adventure... except I probably won't get to it till at least saturday, cause tomorrow is looking mighty busy (Dead White Males cast party! woop.) So yeah, Streepathon starts... saturday. I think.

5 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

I probably should have a streepathon someday...being she's the most nominated actress...

I could probably catch some good flicks along the way...

I've seen of hers:

Lemony Snickets
Manchurian Candidate
The Hours
Adaptation
AI
The Riverwild
Death Becomes Her
Kramer vs. Kramer


that's kind of a short list.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

2:21 PM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Well, that's mostly her modern stuff... you should go back in time to the 80's and get into that stuff (especially Sophie's Choice, of course). But also see Prime, her latest. It was critically dismissed, but she was still great in it.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Yaseen Ali said...

I finally saw Sophie's Choice a couple of weeks ago, and while Streep is great in it, it's really a terrible movie.

4:14 PM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Well she is certainly better than the movie, but I wouldn't call it bad. Maybe the film as a whole just didn't live up to the hype for you? It's generally considered to be a good film.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Meryl rules!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home