Monday, January 01, 2007

Random thoughts of the day: TRAILERS (and trailer trash)

I saw three interesting trailers before Dreamgirls today. Here are my thoughts on them, in random order:

1. I think Music and Lyrics actually looks kinda cute. I love Drew Barrymore in romantic comedies, and she and Hugh Grant look charming in this. I'll probably see it when it comes out.

2. Diane Keaton is in this new film called Because I Said So, and it looks like she's pretty good in it. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Diane Keaton won an award for this? Just think of the presenter getting to say: "And the winner is... Diane Keaton, Because I Said So." Hee.

3. I also saw the trailer for Stomp the Yard, but it looked kinda stupid; I'm not seeing it.

4. I DO, however, kind of want to see Freedom Writers. Yes, it has Hilary Swank in it, and yes, it retreads the same old tired territory of "well-meaning but clueless teacher goes to the projects to change the world," but something about it makes it look like it's worth seeing. Tough to put my finger on what, though... the trailer makes it look soooo self-important, and Swank of course is not my top draw. Maybe I just have a morbid fascination with seeing her eaten alive by delinquent teens and gang violence? Whatever, I don't hate Hilary Swank, I just think she's overrated, and un-classy, and kind of dumb.

(just FYI: the "trailer trash" in the title would be Swank)

(p.s. Swank is co-starring with Imelda Staunton in Freedom Writers, with Staunton in a supporting role... how big of her)

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

"Just think of the presenter getting to say: "And this winner is... Diane Keaton, Because I Said So."

That'd be GOLD!!

12:50 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

It really would, wouldn't it?

...except I made a typo. It's supposed to be: "And THE winner is..." Fixed it.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home