Friday, December 09, 2005

Brokeback Mountain opens today!

...but only in a few theaters.

I really can't take it anymore. I've watched the trailer way too many times. I have it bookmarked. It's actually playing right now. I need to see this movie RIGHT NOW. The obsession is getting pretty sick.

I think I need to cut myself off from all things Brokeback until I actually go see it myself. I need my life back. And I need to not feel like I've seen it a thousand times before when I'm watching it for the first time.

But I already feel like I have. The story is that resonant.

You know, it took me a long time to figure out that that was actually Heath Ledger speaking in the trailer. When I first realized it, I was shocked. His voice is totally unrecognizable. Not that other actors haven't been similarly shocking - actors transform all the time - but I was just... even from the trailer, I was floored.

This really does seem like a landmark film. I need to see it. RIGHT. NOW.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

lol. You can't complain!

I have to wait until January 26!!! That's way too long.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home