Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Countdown to Proof: 10 days

OK. Not many of you may be following this, but anyone who reads my blog has seen by now at least SOMEthing about the epic journey I have taken in bringing Proof to the stage. I held auditions last spring. All fell into place. Then, Catherine bailed on me over the summer. And I had to replace her. And then all fell into place again. Which brings us to where we are now.... in a little place called "OMG, my show is AMAZING!"

We've been rehearsing for a few weeks and it's all finally coming together. I'm still a little worried about tech stuff, cause frankly, I'm no good with tech and sets, but I think it'll all work out. The set and tech elements are quite minimal, so not much can really go wrong, but it'll still take some doing to set it up, and that scares me. But other than that, it's all AWESOME.

My cast is PERFECTION. Okay, well, Robert doesn't know his lines still, but other than that... PERFECTION. I'm so excited.

I will post "production stills" soon.

What ties all this back to film, though (come on, you knew that was coming), is that I first got the idea to do this show when Proof the film was released... at least, when it was going to be released... then, it got delayed and turned out to be kind of bad. But still, it planted the seed. Now, here I am, directing my first show, with the greatest actors ever, and it's all just kind of great.

"It's all happening!"

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

congrats!

1:19 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Thanks!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Yaseen Ali said...

Good to hear matters are progressing on the right track. Keep us updated!

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home