Monday, February 19, 2007

Damn.

OK, so my computer's hard drive totally died sometime between last night and this morning. Hence the title of this post.

I've had this comp for a little over 3 years now, so this wasn't entirely unexpected, but is sure is a hell of a hassle. I thought I could get access to my users folder at least, but that involves putting a disc in the computer, and I can't do that, because there's already a disc there that is now IMPOSSIBLE to get out, because you can't eject DVDs without having access to the DVD player application, and I don't, cause it died with the rest of my hard drive.

Oh well. At least the blog is basically unaffected, cause I still have Safari on this emergency proxy portable hard drive I'm using. But it's gonna be a while before I'm fully functional again...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorena (Goldfinger) said...

Yeah, it is quite horrible when somethiing like that happens. Even more when your computer is full with files, pictures, and stuff you don't want to lose.

I gather you are using a Mac? I had a problem with the SuperDrive of my Powerbook like a year ago that it couldn't read any CD's or DVD's. I just took it to the Mac store and they changed the SuperDrive for free since the warranty was still valid. They took like month but they fixed it.

I hope you can get your computer fixed soon and continue to write in your blog, which I like very much.

9:19 PM  
Blogger adam k. said...

My computer just died cause it's old. That's all.

I can still write in the blog, cause I still have internet. I'm keeping my computer alive with an external hard drive for now, even though all the files are gone.

9:45 PM  
Blogger RC said...

man, that stinks!!!

2:15 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

I KNOW.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home