Monday, February 19, 2007

Damn.

OK, so my computer's hard drive totally died sometime between last night and this morning. Hence the title of this post.

I've had this comp for a little over 3 years now, so this wasn't entirely unexpected, but is sure is a hell of a hassle. I thought I could get access to my users folder at least, but that involves putting a disc in the computer, and I can't do that, because there's already a disc there that is now IMPOSSIBLE to get out, because you can't eject DVDs without having access to the DVD player application, and I don't, cause it died with the rest of my hard drive.

Oh well. At least the blog is basically unaffected, cause I still have Safari on this emergency proxy portable hard drive I'm using. But it's gonna be a while before I'm fully functional again...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger 12345 said...

Yeah, it is quite horrible when somethiing like that happens. Even more when your computer is full with files, pictures, and stuff you don't want to lose.

I gather you are using a Mac? I had a problem with the SuperDrive of my Powerbook like a year ago that it couldn't read any CD's or DVD's. I just took it to the Mac store and they changed the SuperDrive for free since the warranty was still valid. They took like month but they fixed it.

I hope you can get your computer fixed soon and continue to write in your blog, which I like very much.

9:19 PM  
Blogger adam k. said...

My computer just died cause it's old. That's all.

I can still write in the blog, cause I still have internet. I'm keeping my computer alive with an external hard drive for now, even though all the files are gone.

9:45 PM  
Blogger RC said...

man, that stinks!!!

2:15 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

I KNOW.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home