Wednesday, November 01, 2006

UPDATE: Everyone in The Departed is supporting.

Weird. According to Kris Tapley at "In Contention," EVERYONE in The Departed is being campaigned for supporting. Including Jack. And Leo.

Leo seems like the lead here, and like he might be able to get a lead nod, but he can't unless they campaign him that way. I think it's a stupid idea to put him in supporting, where Jack (who's REALLY supporting) will overshadow him... but I guess they didn't want him up against himself for Blood Diamond. Whatever. This seems very ScarJo in 2003... just not right... and hence, I'm now predicting Leo gets no nod at all.

Several chart updates are below (in the original posts). Lots of changes, due to the category shuffling.

By the way, if Blood Diamond falls flat, I expect the studio to reverse course again and shift Leo back to lead. But for now, let's assume that won't happen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

Well, as of right now I'm still predicting Leo gets a nod for The Blood Diamond, but who really knows.

That's strange though. Cause... weird. I actually thought Nicholson for lead wasn't a stretch at all. Just like Streep in Prada, Nicholson's presense is always there and he is the central figure in the whole movie. But that's just me.

4:32 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Yeah, Kris Tapley has said unreliable things before (like how Toni Collette was getting the Sweeney Todd role), but I'm trusting him on this supporting thing for now.

And it's not like these predictions really matter. But I do try to be up-to-date.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home