Wednesday, November 14, 2007

WHO'S HOTTER: (round three)
Paul Newman or Jake Gyllenhaal?

PAUL LEONARD NEWMAN

Why is he hot?
Cause he's Paul Newman. Hotness. Icon. And if the chiseled features and finely toned body aren't enough for you, he happens to be a world-class actor, too. Talent is sexy. Paul Newman is sexy.

Hotter than:
River Phoenix
Patrick Wilson
(and just about everyone else)

Hottest role:
Oh god, I don't know. Hud, Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid... he's hot in everything. But he's at his hottest (and youngest) in his breakthrough film, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Co-starring with Liz Taylor automatically makes you hotter. See also: Monty Clift.

But to be honest, I'm just going on hearsay here. I really need to see more of Paul Newman.



JACOB BENJAMIN GYLLENHAAL

Why is he hot:
Because he's JAKE. He has an army of Gyllenhaalics tracking his every move. He might be the most-hyped "it boy" in a generation... or maybe it just feels like that to us gays. In any case, those soulful eyes, that goofy smile, that great hair, that body... they're enough to get a guy a little excited.

Hotter than:
Taye Diggs

As hot as:
Warren Beatty

Hottest role:
Jack Twist in Brokeback Mountain. This one's not up for debate. Jarhead's infamous "santa hat dance" was very hot indeed, but it didn't involve getting down on all fours for Heath Ledger. Sooo... yeah...

(my apologies to those who wanted these two to compete in the finals... I sympathize... but the draw, she is a faithless bitch... it saddens me, too...)

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger DL said...

Paul Newman.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake. DUH.

And Adam, I must commend you on your iPhoto skillz. Very gewd. [thumbs up]

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tough. Gyllenhaal.

9:12 PM  
Blogger adam k. said...

Thanks, Sora!

I must say, that might be the most beautiful picture of Jake I've EVER seen. Lordy.

Of course, every one of these pics takes a trip through iPhoto. But it's usually more subtle ; )

9:49 PM  
Blogger RJ said...

Paul Newman b/c he can actually act.

I said it.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul Newman

1:55 AM  
Blogger Glenn Dunks said...

Easy. Paul Newman.

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mia Jakey-poo.

4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JAKE!!!!!!!!!!

2:42 AM  
Blogger Colin Low said...

I just watched Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and it's Paul Newman hands down. (Jesus, does anyone notice how similar the early Paul Newman/Elizabeth Taylor scenes are with the notorious "Jack Nasty" scene in Brokeback Mountain? There's even a similar confrontation over Skipper!)

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gyllenhotass.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Colin Low said...

I cannot believe this is so neck-to-neck. Gyllenhaal played the wounded gay lover, but so did Newman, and he did it better. What gives?

(Because he's younger. Pfeh)

12:07 AM  
Blogger adam k. said...

What did Newman play the wounded gay lover in? I readily admit my ignorance re: Newman.

And yes, it is because Jake's younger. People know him more. He's current. I know him more, too. So I'm part of the problem. But I do love me some Jake.

I'm not surprised this one's close. But I AM surprised Paul Rudd is tied with James Dean. That's nuts. Somebody, fix that. Please.

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake is of the gods.

And so is Paul.

I'd do the "eenie" thing again, but it's more obvious... Jake!

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home